- Segment up 8% YTD, gains 0,2 percentage points to now hold 1,8% of the European new car market
- BMW X5 untouchable, best performer in the top-3 at +27% and the only nameplate to sell over 10k units per quarter
- VW Group best selling manufacturer YTD with 31,6% share ahead of BMW Group with 18,1% and Jaguar-Land Rover with 18% and Daimler with just 13%
- The Volvo XC90 in 3rd place in Q3 but returns to 2nd place YTD ahead of the Range Rover Sport, just when the all-new Mercedes-Benz GLE outsold the XC90 to grab the #2 spot for the quarter
- The VW Touareg outsells the RR Sport as well in Q3 to take the fourth place it also holds YTD
- Audi places no less than 3 nameplates in the YTD top-8 with the e-Tron as best seller in overall 7th place in Q3, followed by the Q7 and the Q8, which is still the brand’s best seller for the year
- The renewed Porsche Cayenne outsold all three Audis in Q3 but is still behind for the first three quarters
- The Range Rover is knocked down 2 spots in the YTD ranking to #10, just ahead of its stablemate Land Rover Discovery, one of the biggest losers of the segment, together with the Q7 and the Tesla Model X
- The Mercedes-Benz G-Class manages to hold on to its 12thplace YTD with sales up 55% thanks to the new generation
- The Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe and BMW X6 are simultaneous high double digit losers this year, as victims of the fresher Audi Q8
- The BMW X7 outsells its rival Mercedes-Benz GLS by a huge margin, taking a 16th place in the third quarter.
|Premium large SUV segment||2019 Q1-Q3||2018 Q1-Q3||Change||Share|
|3||Range Rover Sport||21.157||19.149||10%||10,0%|
|11||Land Rover Discovery||7.488||11.005||-32%||3,5%|
|13||Tesla Model X||5.965||8.600||-31%||2,8%|
|14||Jeep Grand Cherokee||5.708||6.385||-11%||2,7%|
|16||Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe||3.861||5.078||-24%||1,8%|
|23||Rolls Royce Cullinan||269||0||New||0,1%|
Click on any model to see its annual sales from 1997-2018 and monthly sales from 2015 to 2018, or use the dropdown menu in the top right of this site.
Car sales statistics are from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Sources: Manufacturers, ANDC, JATO Dynamics.