As you may or may not have noticed, the Left-Lane.com logo has been removed off the top of our website for a few weeks, as we had been informed it violated a registered trademark. When I started this blog just over 3 years ago, I simply hadn’t thought about any trademark issues because I could not imagine would take off like this. I just came up with a car-related name and decided to stick with it. Now, 3 years later we’ve accumulated a total of 3 million visits, of which the last million came from just the last 6,5 months. And you come from every country in the world. We like to thank each of you for your visits, comments, likes and shares, they’ve all been a great help to growing our reach.
After asking for your help in coming up with a new name, we were overwhelmed by replies, e-mails and Facebook messages, all with creative suggestions and all usable, because it helped us on the right track to find a suitable new name: CarSalesBase.com. The name refers to our database with car sales data of over 2.200 models in 3 continents, and it also refers to this site as your base for all your interests in automotive industry data, strategy and opinion articles. We hope you like our new name and keep visiting.
Now let’s get to some general notices:
What do you need to do now that we’ve changed our name and our domain?
- Update your bookmarks, favorites and saved links of Left-Lane.com to Carsalesbase.com. That’s all. For now, they’ll be automatically linked to the corresponding page on the new domain, but that may not be forever, so please make sure you’ll be able to find us again.
- If you’ve subscribed to our mailinglist (if not, fill in you name and e-mail address in the fields on the right-hand sidebar), the e-mail address that sends the updates with new articles 3x a week will change to email@example.com. Make sure mark this address as “safe” to not miss any updates that may end up in your spam-folder otherwise.
What doesn’t change with the new name?
- If you already followed Left-Lane on Twitter or Facebook, you’ll automatically continue to follow Carsalesbase.
- We’ll keep adding monthtly updates to our database of car sales figures in Europe, the United States and China, and keep writing analyses about these markets, together with our other articles about the automotive industry, Kriss’ Look-a-Like columns and more.
What else can you do to help us continue to grow?
First of all, let us know what we can do to improve your experience here: what are you hoping to find here, what functionality can we improve, how can we make sure you’ll find what you’re looking for?
- As mentioned, you can join our mailing list to get all the new articles in your mailbox and you can follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- Share links to our pages or articles on other websites and forums or on social media to let your online friends know about us.
- Join our team by posting automotive articles, either as a guest writer or as a regular correspondent.
- If you work at a company that needs automotive sales data, not necessarily limited to the data we post on our site but any data, get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what we can do for you.
What else can you expect from us, going forward?
- We’ve been working on an update of the look and feel of the site for a while now, and this will come in a few months time. We decided it could be a bit too confusing to change our name AND our design at the same time.
- We’re also working on growing our database by adding more car sales data. As promised, we want to be your base for all your needs in this field
- We’re also working on a new functionality to make it easier for you to compare the sales statistics of different models.
So welcome to CarSalesBase.com, we hope you’ll continue to enjoy our work and keep coming back for more. Let us know what you think, it’s always good to hear your opinion!
Bart & Kriss