The Sports Small segment grew by 13% in Q3 2015, just a bit slower than the 14% growth rate it managed in the first half of the year.
- All the growth in the segment was driven by three models – sales for each of the remaining models shrank compared to the first three quarters in 2014
- The model with the highest growth rate in the year so far, Ford Mustang, is the undisputed leader, selling more than 50% more units than its closest competitor, Chevy Camaro, which keeps losing customers until the new model arrives
- The new Mazda MX-5 Miata definitely turned things around for the model, which vaulted over Nissan 370Z into 7th place
- Sales of the Dodge Challenger continued to climb in Q3 2015, despite it being eight years old
- Sales of all front-wheel drive models, including the Veloster, Tc and Eos kept falling in the third quarter