- Segment down 7% YTD, still makes up 13,1% of the European new car market, down 0,8 percentage points.
- VW Golf remains firmly on top despite the changeover to the 8th generation in Q4
- Skoda Octavia outsold the Ford Focus in Q3 but remains #3 YTD
- Opel/Vauxhall Astra and Seat Leon outsold the Peugeot 308 in Q3 and are closing in YTD, Astra leapfrogs Leon for 6th place
- Toyota Corolla was the #4 seller in Q3 and moves up to 8th place YTD with a clear chance of finishing in 7th. Combined sales of the outgoing Toyota Auris and incoming Corolla are already good for a 4th place of the segment
- Mazda3 clearly outsold the Honda Civic in Q3, but seems too far behind YTD
- Skoda Scala so far unable to make up for lost sales of the outgoing Skoda Rapid, despite a 13th place for the former in Q3
- Nissan Leaf outsells Hyundai Ioniq in Q3
- Fiat Tipo is the worst performer in the segment top-10 at -25%, Kia Ceed best performer at +37% but still knocked down to #9 YTD by Corolla.