- Segment up 4% YTD, gains 0,2 percentage points to now hold 4,1% share of the European new car market.
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class still in lead of models ranking, but this includes Coupe and Convertible models which its nearest rivals have split into separate nameplates
- BMW in lead of brand ranking, outselling Mercedes-Benz in Q3 by 200 units, with Audi another 600 sales behind
- Audi biggest loser YTD with sales down 22%, while BMW is down 7% and Mercedes-Benz is down 2%. German Big-3 lose 10,9 percentage points of share and are down to 70% share, mostly due to the arrival of the Tesla Model 3
- Model 3 beats Audi A4 in Q3, but too far behind for full-year top-3 position
- Volvo also among big winners in the segment, thanks to the new generation S60 and V60, sales up 34% YTD
- VW Arteon recovers in Q3 to improve on 2018 and reduce its YTD loss to 18%, outsells the BMW 4-Series in Q3
- Alfa Romeo Giulia still among the biggest losers of the segment at -41% but distances the Jaguar XE which managed just 555 deliveries in Q3, outsold by the Kia Stinger and Lexus IS and even the larger Jaguar XF.