- Segment down 23% YTD, down 0,9 percentage points to just 3,2% share of the European new car market.
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class best seller in Q3, with over 4.000 sales more than its nearest rival VW Touran. BMW 2-Series Active/Gran Tourer not far behind in 3rd B-Class now in the race for the full-year crown
- YTD leader Renault Scenic down to 4th place in Q3, may lose title to Touran or B-Class
- Citroen C4 Picasso biggest loser in the top-5 due to end production of the 5-seater version
- Ford C-Max loses even more as the model is due to be killed entirely
- BMW i3 only other model in top-10 besides B-Class to improve YTD, with a 37% gain, closing in on 7th place YTD
- Dacia Lodgy also relatively stable at just -9%
- Opel/Vauxhall Zafire near the end of its life cycle, Zafira nameplate will live on as a passenger van based on Peugeot Traveller etc.
- Toyota Prius+ enjoys a second wind with sales up 30%.
|Midsized MPV segment||2019 Q1-Q3||2018 Q1-Q3||Change||Share|
|1||Renault (Grand) Scenic||59.074||76.742||-23%||15,3%|
|4||BMW 2-series Active/Gran Tourer||45.992||55.870||-18%||11,9%|
|5||Citroën C4 (Grand) Picasso||39.645||62.991||-37%||10,3%|
|7||Ford (Grand) C-Max||25.709||43.515||-41%||6,6%|
Click on any model to see its annual sales from 1997-2018 and monthly sales from 2015 to 2018, or use the dropdown menu in the top right of this site.
Car sales statistics are from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Sources: Manufacturers, ANDC, JATO Dynamics.