- Segment down 23% YTD, one third of its share of the European new car market, now down to just 0,2% at 27.600 sales. All models lose volume, all but one by double digits.
- Sales of the Kia Sorento, Hyundai Santa Fe and Ford Edge split by just 18 units in Q3 and just 38 sales YTD
- The two South Korean models both outperform the segment and Hyundai-Kia increases its share by 7,1 percentage points to 50,4%
- Toyota Land Cruiser also outperforms the segment at -14%
- Mitsubishi Pajero biggest loser of the segment at -87% to just 515 sales YTD, just 5 deliveries in September.
|Large SUV segment||2019 Q1-Q3||2018 Q1-Q3||Change||Share|
|1||Hyundai Santa Fe||6.978||7.174||-3%||25,2%|
|4||Toyota Land Cruiser||4.758||5.503||-14%||17,2%|
|6||Mitsubishi Pajero / Montero / Shogun||515||3.958||-87%||1,9%|
Click on any model to see its annual sales from 1997-2018 and monthly sales from 2015 to 2018, or use the dropdown menu in the top right of this site.
Car sales statistics are from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Sources: Manufacturers, ANDC, JATO Dynamics.