- Segment down 14% YTD, loses 0,3 percentage points to now hold 2,3% share of the European new car market.
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class still the dominant player of the segment, strengthened further by having Coupe and Convertible versions available as well
- Audi A6 the only player in the top-4 to gain sales YTD, at +19% thanks to the new generation
- Volvo S90/V90 biggest loser in the top-5 as cannibalized by the smaller S60/V60
- Tesla Model S also down sharply, -48% YTD, also due to internal competition of the smaller Model 3. As a result, German Big-3 regain 7,5 percentage points of segment share to 83,3%
- Mercedes-Benz CLS up 12% YTD thanks to the new generation, but sales were already down 35% in Q3 when it was outsold by the Model S and Audi A7
- Jaguar XF outsold in Q3 by the Lexus ES and BMW 6-Series, ES already sold more than the GS has done in any full year in the last decade.